The LT-FW was discontinued February 2013.
In most cases the LT-USB is an excellent substitute for the
Nearly all of today’s laptops and most desktop computers have FireWire ports. With careful design and clever engineering, FireWire provides an excellent interface for high sample rate multichannel audio. In development for over a year, the LT-FW allows Aurora to be used with FireWire equipped Windows or Mac computers, offering unprecedented audio performance, control and stability.
Imagine having a MacBook Pro, one Aurora converter, a quality multichannel mic preamp and select microphones. Now you have a fully functional 16 track portable recording studio that can fit in the back of a Miata. And you can record at sample rates up to 96 kHz with this rig.
The LT-FW is a FireWire LSlot interface for the Lynx Aurora 8 and Aurora 16 A/D D/A converters. LT-FW is a FireWire 400 interface that allows up to 16 channels of analog input and output at sample rates up to 96 kHz.
Suggested Retail Price: US $595.00
- Two FireWire 400 (IEEE-1394a) ports
- Up to 16 channels of analog I/O at 96 kHz
- Works with Apple and Windows PCs, including laptops, with compatible FireWire port
- Supports ASIO and WDM for Windows and CoreAudio for Mac OSX
- All relevant settings, such as sample rate selection, sync source selection, channel routing, latency, and buffer size are enabled, controlled and monitored from the host computer
- Full WDM implementation allows multiple channel support of 5.1 and 7.1 surround playback formats
- Easily installed into Aurora converters
- Ideal for in-studio or remote recording applications
- RoHS compliant
- Shipped with two 6’ FireWire cables (4-pin and 6-pin)
- Manufactured in the USA by Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.