Forum LockedCrash to Desktop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crash to Desktop
    Posted: March/07/2017 at 3:24pm
Hello,

I have two separate computers with AES16e's running on Windows 7 64-bit, firmware version 14.1. My DAW is SADiE 6 build 4055 and I'm using the Lynx via the ASIO driver.

Lately my DAW has been crashing every time I try to access the parameters of the ASIO device. As in, I go to the setup window of SADiE to verify my sample rate and bit dept. Upon loading that page, SADiE crashes to the desktop. Occasionally, it will crash to the blue screen. I have experienced this on both computer builds.

I have spent the better part of the past moth going back and forth with SADiE on trying to resolve this issue. I have send multiple crash dumps their way in the process. Unfortunately, we have had no luck.

The other day, I was trying out a demo of Pyramix. I went to the setup page for the ASIO device and Pyramix crashed too. Thinking it was just a one-off event, I tried to access that page again and each time I selected that page, the DAW crashed.

At first, I thought this was a DAW issue. However, the guys over at SADiE and myself are starting to think it is an ASIO issue. The only other ASIO device on my computer is for a UAD Apollo USB, but it is only used for it's DSP, not I/O. It is not selected as the main ASIO device for my DAW.

Has anyone else experienced these type of bizarre crashes?

For what it is worth, after the DAW has crashed, I go to the Lynx mixer and toggle the clock input from Digital Input 1 to LStream and then back around to Digital Input 1. I then reboot the SADiE, try to access the ASIO/audio parameters page, and the DAW will not crash. It will remain fine for a few hours. However, as time goes by or when moving from one project to another that is at a different sample rate from the original, the DAW will crash again when accessing the audio parameter's page.

Kinda bizarre. Nonetheless, very inconvenient. Any thoughts or tests I should run on this issue are welcome.

Thanks,
AG

David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 3:49pm
I'm not seeing that this is a Lynx issue of you launch the ASIO Control Panel for the Pyramix and it crashes SADiE too.  If you have a crash dump file from the BSOD, I can look at it and tell you what crashed.  Please ZIP it up and send it to support@lynxstudio.com.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
 Post Reply Post Reply