FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 14, 2017: macOS Driver Build 58D now Available
November 13, 2017: Windows Driver Version 2 Build 23i now Available
November 9, 2017: Firmware Update 1.7 for Aurora(n) now Available
November 6, 2017: Aurora(n) User Manual (Firmware 1.7) now Available
July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedLynx Hilo Stereo Image Problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bk490 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lynx Hilo Stereo Image Problem?
    Posted: January/10/2018 at 1:41pm
So I just got a Lynx Hilo a couple weeks ago. Loving it so far, but can't figure out one thing with the headphone output...

I mainly use it as a A/D converter for my 2BusLT. The problem with the headphones output is that it appears to be in mono even when I mess with the settings in the monitoring and routing pages. I'll press the mono/stereo switch on the 2BusLT for my Kick/Snare channel. Normally, this would put the kick on the left side and the snare on the right instead of both up the middle. The odd part is that when I monitor the signal from my Apollo that's exactly what happens (Hilo ADAT out --> Apollo ADAT in). When I monitor from the Hilo, they just lose a little bit of volume even though the meters read exactly what I would expect (and hear from the Apollo).

Is there something about the headphone amp that I'm missing or just haven't configured yet?
bk490 View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bk490 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2018 at 1:08pm
Aynone? Any reason why I would lose the stereo image from the headphone amp? 
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2018 at 10:15am
Are the headphones definitely going all the way in? That symptom happens when the headphones are halfway in and connecting to one "band" on the headphone plug. If they are in fully, please remove the headphones and check the headphone jack. See if you can feel the headphone jack with your fingernail....If the jack is flush (smooth) then that would need to be repaired.
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
Sales & Support Coordinator
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
 Post Reply Post Reply