July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedD-Sub Analogue Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bobcat
Bobcat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haigbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-Sub Analogue Question
    Posted: October/18/2017 at 10:58pm
Hi Folks,

I'm wanting to get my D.A.V. Electronics BG-8 (mic pre) to talk directly to my Lynx Aurora (16) (all analogue).

The BG-8 has eight mic cables IN but a D-Sub OUT. It says it is wired as TASCAM.

I can connect a D-Sub (analogue cable with XLR's) to each device and connect the XLR tails and all seems fine. It is, however a bit cumbersome, I was wanting to have a neat D-Sub to D-Sub short cable as I have them racked in a portable rig case at present.

I've tried numerous D-Sub to D-Sub cables but something is definitely not right, please tell me what sort of D-Sub (to D-Sub) cable I need to get to make this work.

Thanks so much,

Haig
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2017 at 9:33am
Hi,

We also use the TASCAM pin configuration on our analog connectors, so a TASCAM 25 pin-25 pin cable will work for you.
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
Sales & Support Coordinator
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
Haigbabe View Drop Down
Bobcat
Bobcat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haigbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2017 at 4:20pm
Greetings Mike,

Thanks so much. And apologies for the dumb questions but I can't figure out why this isn't working.

I even bought a new analogue d-sub to d-sub cable to try to fix things but I'm still getting problems. I've even sat down with the multimeter and tested the d-sub cable, it seems to be pin to pin ok. As I said, if I use d-subs with tails and join the tails, all is fine but this d-sub to d-sub situation is weird.

Hmmm.

Cheers and thanks again,

Haig
 Post Reply Post Reply