February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedHilo Remote Bug?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2018 at 7:12am
I'll have to be honest, since we haven't had anyone else report a similar issue it is difficult to know what might be going on.  Build 58D is the latest driver and Firmware 6.2 is the latest firmware for the LT-TB, but I doubt changing those two things will have any effect on what you are seeing, but you might give it a shot.  You might also try changing the connection method for Hilo Remote to be Thunderbolt only.  Again, I doubt that will change anything.

If I had your system in front of me, I would start by swapping out each piece of hardware until the problem went away - assuming it is a hardware problem.  Since you are using the Hilo stand-alone and Thunderbolt isn't that important, we would be happy to loan you an LT-USB to see if the issue is related to Thunderbolt or not (I doubt it is).  That would require you to open up the Hilo and swap the LSlot card - which isn't too hard.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
Jperkinski View Drop Down
Wildcat
Wildcat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jperkinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2018 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by David A Hoatson David A Hoatson wrote:

I'll have to be honest, since we haven't had anyone else report a similar issue it is difficult to know what might be going on.  Build 58D is the latest driver and Firmware 6.2 is the latest firmware for the LT-TB, but I doubt changing those two things will have any effect on what you are seeing, but you might give it a shot.  You might also try changing the connection method for Hilo Remote to be Thunderbolt only.  Again, I doubt that will change anything.

If I had your system in front of me, I would start by swapping out each piece of hardware until the problem went away - assuming it is a hardware problem.  Since you are using the Hilo stand-alone and Thunderbolt isn't that important, we would be happy to loan you an LT-USB to see if the issue is related to Thunderbolt or not (I doubt it is).  That would require you to open up the Hilo and swap the LSlot card - which isn't too hard.

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks David, 

I've updated the Lynx Mixer and LT-TB so I'll see if that makes a difference.

I appreciate your offer to try a USB version but since this issue isn't major, I'll have to find a time when I am a bit less busy to worry about it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12