July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedHilo not seeing ADAT in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hilo not seeing ADAT in
    Posted: September/30/2017 at 8:38am
Hi,

I've been using the Hilo for two channel ADDA duties for mastering work. However, I've recently added an Audient ASP 800 mic pre to my analog rig. I've attached the ADAT out from the mic pre to the Hilo via Toslink optical, however Digi in status on the Hilo stays red and unlocked. When I run the optical cable out from the Hilo back into itself I see the status change to green consumer. I cannot get the Hilo to to see the incoming ADAT digital optical signal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2017 at 12:24pm
ADAT In is recognized automatically by the Hilo.  If you have the Digital In Source set to Optical (which it seems you do), it should automatically switch to AES when the optical in detects an ADAT signal.  It is easiest to watch this from the All I/O page since the ADAT In will be greyed out until a valid ADAT Input is detected.

Have you tried the ADAT Output on the Hilo routed back to the ADAT Input?  Just use the same TOSLINK optical cable you are already using, just switch the 'Opt. out mode' to ADAT.  That should do it and you should see the ADAT Input light up on the All I/O page.

Edited by David A Hoatson - September/30/2017 at 12:25pm
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
zsidawi View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsidawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2017 at 11:25pm
Ah, I have the same problem with an Audient ASP880 -though it used to work previously.
Now the ADAT IN is grayed out. I don't remember when the graying out started. Recently I wanted to record from the ASP880 and noticed the ADAT IN i grayed out in Hilo.

I did what David Hoatson mentioned (taking optical cable from ADAT out to the in on Hilo) and YES the ADAT IN turns on. 
So does this means that the fault is the Audient ASP880? 

Edited by zsidawi - November/23/2017 at 9:00am
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2017 at 1:11pm
Do you see a light in the ADAT OUT connector of the Audient?
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
Sales & Support Coordinator
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
 Post Reply Post Reply