Forum LockedAurora 8 crucial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora 8 crucial
    Posted: May/24/2017 at 1:29am
Hi.

I have the Aurora 8 + AES16e on PC Windows 7.

These are my questions:

1. I get a massive hiss on the aurora outputs connected to a mixer and not connected to a computer (AES). I know it does not generate on the mixer because it stops when i disconnect the XLR from the mixer channel. Everything is wired properly using a W4800 power supply. The aurora gives the hiss on the filtered as well as the direct inlets. Using a 115v 50-60hz adapter for the electricity in Israel.

2. I am trying to record on cubase 8 and send some reverb to the singer on phones as a send effect (on cubase) using direct monitoring. the signal has considerable latency and impossible to record that way. What would be the best way to that?

3. Can i get a optical/coaxcial output from the aurora?

4. Any trading deals to get the Aurora V2?

Thanks,
Yaron. 
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Ydaffan Ydaffan wrote:

Hi.
1. I get a massive hiss on the aurora outputs connected to a mixer and not connected to a computer (AES). I know it does not generate on the mixer because it stops when i disconnect the XLR from the mixer channel. Everything is wired properly using a W4800 power supply. The aurora gives the hiss on the filtered as well as the direct inlets. Using a 115v 50-60hz adapter for the electricity in Israel.

Are the Aurora outputs going to line inputs or mic inputs on the console? have you tried connecting the console and Aurora on different circuits? What about lifting the ground on the Aurora? Do you hear the hiss even when program material is playing?

2. I am trying to record on cubase 8 and send some reverb to the singer on phones as a send effect (on cubase) using direct monitoring. the signal has considerable latency and impossible to record that way. What would be the best way to that?

What is the buffer size in Cubase set to? Can you not lower it without getting distortion?
You could use the Lynx Mixer to rout the sends and returns. A bit tricky but it can be done.
Here is a tutorial on using the Lynx Mixer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1IEYT6B_Rc&t=4s

3. Can i get a optical/coaxcial output from the aurora?

Your Aurora digital I/O is connected to the AES16e. However port B of the AES16e should be available so you can use 8 channels of digital I/O there. Generally, that requires one of our 1604 cables on port B (which breaks out to XLR connectors). The card only outputs AES, so you would need a format converter such as thios one to convert to SPDIF coax or SPDIF optical:
http://hosatech.com/product/cdl-313/

4. Any trading deals to get the Aurora V2?

Sorry, not at this time.

Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
 Post Reply Post Reply