January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedLynx Aurora LT-FW+remote

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lynx Aurora LT-FW+remote
    Posted: February/27/2017 at 3:25pm
Have been using the Aurora 16 FW for 7 years with no hiccups. Very happy with that. Using the Remote software for direct analog monitoring without latency. Anyways. Just did the mistake (?) of doing the factory reset-thing. Two things happened:

- Thought I had everything back to the way it was, when I set both the TO ANALOG OUT and TO DIGITAL OUT to "Remote". The lights on the Aurora were locked like I think it all used to look when I had it working.  Then selecting the analog input and output under "Source B" + unmuting. I send sound on a selected channel and it works the way I want it to. Problem is that there's no sound (and no metering/lights lighting up) when I play back from my DAW (on, say, monitor source channels). Only when I reset the remote to L-slot again it plays back sound. But then I've of course lost the direct monitoring I wanted. What am I doing wrong?

- Secondly:  What does it mean when a red light is flashing in the upper row ("In"), channel 16 on my Aurora, when I set the "to L-slot out" in the Aurora Remote to "Analog out"? When I set it to "Digital Out" the flashing stops. (can't say I understand in which position I should have it set)

I have had trouble with channel 16 during recording, so I'm just wondering if these two (or three) phenomenons are connected: the red light and the (possibly) broken channel, eventually some wrong setting for direct monitoring. 
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2017 at 5:28pm
Hello, 

For the first case, you must set all 16 channels on Source A to LSLOT 1-16, in order. Then you'll get playback. 

For the second case, I think that was an issue with an older version of the Aurora firmware. You can upsate it with this updater.
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
OlaJohnny View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2017 at 12:25am
Thanks a lot! That solved it!
 Post Reply Post Reply