Lynx Studio Technology, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lynx Forum > Lynx Support Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lynx Aurora Remote - 'Unable to Locate an Aurora'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 14, 2017: macOS Driver Build 58D now Available
November 13, 2017: Windows Driver Version 2 Build 23i now Available
November 9, 2017: Firmware Update 1.7 for Aurora(n) now Available
November 6, 2017: Aurora(n) User Manual (Firmware 1.7) now Available
July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedLynx Aurora Remote - 'Unable to Locate an Aurora'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lynx Aurora Remote - 'Unable to Locate an Aurora'
    Posted: March/18/2015 at 5:43am
Hello Lynx,

I'm just writing as I am having trouble with the Aurora Remote software not working. I get the message 'Unable to locate an aurora' when clicking to open it...
I am using a Lynx AES16e with build 55 drivers, on Snow Leopard 10.6.8. The Aurora has firmware revision 28. I'm not running any other programs while trying this and the Aurora is switched on, sync set to Internal and AES card syc to Digital In 1.

Do you know why this might be happening??

Many thanks, Dave
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2015 at 12:06pm
Hi Dave,

What is the firmware revision of your AES16e (you can tell from the About page in the Lynx Mixer)?
Also, generally when used with an AES16e card, there is no purpose to run the Aurora Remote software. What was your intention for using it? 
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
parthunter View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2015 at 12:46pm
Hi Paul,

The AES16e firmware is revision 12.3. I have tried updating that too and it says 'there are no AES16e's available to update'.

Anyway, I just wanted the remote to try and get more output level +4 on the level switch. I am using a program called room eq wizard.. and there is a process where you calibrate the soundcard to cancel its response and time delay for room measurement. Anyway when doing a 'loopback test' one needs to get the output and inputs closely matched with level.. there is no way on the AES16e I can do this as the output channels are on maximum., and there is no way of me correcting the input sine wave on room eq wizard. My only idea left was the different operating levels on the aurora remote., I have tried using the trim switch on the aurora unit but that doesnt seem to make any difference.

Hope you can help!!

Dave
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2015 at 4:59pm
You might try setting the AES16e to Internal, and the Aurora to AES A and see if that makes a difference.
Also, not sure if you've been trying the current firmware update, but for OSX 10.6, you would want firmware rev 12.11.  

Not sure though if the Aurora Remote would help you anyway. The only Trim modes available just toggle between +4 and -10, there would be no way to get More level from the outputs, only less. 

Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
 Post Reply Post Reply