Forum LockedNo ADAT in "All I/O"?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: No ADAT in "All I/O"?
    Posted: June/06/2014 at 8:48am
The LT-USB cannot have the Sync Source changed while it is connected to the computer.  The driver must be in control of the sample rate at all times.  That being said, it is easy to do what you want to.  Unplug the LT-USB from the computer, change the Sync Source on the front panel of the Hilo, then plug the LT-USB back in.  If you do that, you will need to MANUALLY change the sample rate in your application (or in the Windows Control Panel) to match the external sample rate.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
gorsat View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2014 at 9:15pm
I understand that. However, there is no reason to open an audio channel and sync the Hilo to the USB source simply because it's connected to the PC via USB. As I said in my other post, other devices (like the Antelope Orion32) handle this case just fine. I use their control panel software, connected via USB to the hardware, to control the parameters, mixer, etc. but the unit is sync'd to the word clock output from my HDSPe MADI card. Why can't I use the Hilo remote control software while having the Hilo sync'd to ADAT or word clock? ...or is there a way to do this that I haven't discovered?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2014 at 9:18am
Hilo Remote Control requires a connection to a computer either via USB or Thunderbolt (using the LT-TB card).  There would be no other way of doing a Remote Control since the Hilo doesn't have any other connections to a computer.  What other method are you thinking of?
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
gorsat View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2014 at 8:47pm
Alright. I get the prioritization decision. Any chance of you adding this over time? Seems like an easy add, no? 

Btw, the ADAT functionality is generally great. I'm actually surprised that more folks aren't using it.

The one thing that is really bumming me out is that I can't seem to use your remote control software without syncing the Hilo via USB (see my other forum post on this). The software looks great and I'd love to use it, but it looks like I'm out of luck for now. Any chance of a fix for that one?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2014 at 10:08am
Because 'Most I/O' didn't fit Smile

The ADAT I/O is the least used feature of the Hilo, and USB is the most.  We had to make a choice that would fit the best for the most users.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
gorsat View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2014 at 9:07pm
Okay, but why is it called "All I/O" then? ...and doesn't it seem strange to go to the "test tone" page just to see the ADAT meters? Any chance of adding ADAT to the "All I/O" page in a future update?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2014 at 9:20am
ADAT I/O is not on the All I/O page.  You can see the ADAT two of the inputs on either of the two other meter pages or all of the ADAT Inputs on the Tools > Test Tone page.  You can also see the ADAT I/O on Hilo Remote if you connect up the USB to your computer.

Edited by David A Hoatson - June/02/2014 at 9:22am
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
gorsat View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2014 at 1:35pm
I'm using the latest firmware in my Hilo and I just noticed that when I switch to the "All I/O" view, ADAT doesn't show up at all even though I'm only sourcing from ADAT at the moment (not using USB or any other input). To be more precise, there are 4 channels of audio coming into the Hilo via ADAT, 2 of which are going out via Line Out and 2 of which are going out via Phones. The sync, routing and sound is working just fine, but no ADAT in the meter view. Seems broken. Is there some setting I need to make?
 Post Reply Post Reply