Forum LockedNew firmware 13.1 AES16e/AES16e50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New firmware 13.1 AES16e/AES16e50
    Posted: May/06/2014 at 11:18am
Hello

I have a 2 card setup, AES16e50 - AES16e and a Mac pro with OSX 10.9 mavericks and protools 11.1.2. 
I updated the firmware of my cards 12.1 to 13.1 and the new driver Lynx_OSX_56A 2 and the system has stalled. 

This equipment is installed in a commercial studio and can not work. 
I have tried to reinstall the old firmware 12.1 and return to the old configuration, but the firmware installer warns me that I have updated the firmware and does not allow me access. 
there anything 

I can do?
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2014 at 11:49am
Was there an error message when the firmware update to 13 was attempted? 
What do you mean the system has stalled? Does it freeze on boot up, or when audio playback is attempted, or ??

Have you tried removing one of the cards and seeing if it works correctly with just one installed? 

Flashing the firmware to an older version should be possible. Is this the updater you used?
http://www.lynxstudio.com/nav/getFile.asp?i=121&t=download

Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
Panchodelis View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2014 at 1:21pm
Was there an error message when the firmware update to 13 was attempted? 

apparently all right, no message. the only curious detail is that when you update the first card, restarting the OS, the interface went out for a pure tone as a tone generator. By proceeding with the upgrade of the second card, restart and beep beep disappeared.

What do you mean the system has stalled? Does it freeze on boot up, or when audio playback is attempted, or ??

Initially, the first thing that happened is that when starting protools 11, the computer got blue screen, and the OS froze. 
Upon restart, every time I tried to open the protools, the problem was repeated. Blue screen and the computer completely hung. 

Reinstall the pro tools 11 software and the problem disappeared. Now the protools and open properly. Just does not sound, what interfaces sent by AESEBU, and the cards do not detect digital input signal. Similarly to reproduce audio from the computer, and no signal reaches any of the interfaces. Simply cards are not working. 

Interestingly, the word clock chain seems correct. Lynx mixer receives clock by AESEBU, and WC bridge Header correctly received signal.

Have you tried removing one of the cards and seeing if it works correctly with just one installed? 

I will try it now

Flashing the firmware to an older version should be possible. Is this the updater you used?
http://www.lynxstudio.com/nav/getFile.asp?i=121&t=download

Yes, even if I agree to this link, download the installer, I get the same message

AES16e Firmware Update
There are no Lynx AES16e audio cards available to update!
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2014 at 4:50pm
With one card installed, make sure and check the Outputs panel in the Lynx Mixer to see if there is meter activity. If there is, but no sound downstream, then our problem is in the hardware realm. 

Also, after re-installing ProTools, it is likely that you would need to go into the PlayBack Engine section of ProTools and re-establish the AES16e as the audio device. 
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
jochen68 View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 8:07am
Hi there
i´ve got the same problem. I work with osx 9, cubase 7.5 installed, two aes16e, 2 aurora´s 16 combined with an AMEK Angela blue and yesterday there are two channels missing - channel 17/18 (seeing in vst channel connections). so I checked for updates and did the mistake to update to a newer version (build 56A together with the FWUpdate 13.1. didn´t read in the release that there is a new Lynx mixer, cause I would to prefer the older one anyway…..I made the update and after this I would go back to the older versions build 54 and also firmware (which I can´t see now, cause nothing does run now!) and now there´s no way to downgrade to an earlier version. So there´s an option to go back by change the PROM1/PROM2 connector on the aes16e board - but HOW are the steps after doing this? which software should be installed after this procedure?
Many thanks for your idea…

jochen
Analog gear for ever
jochen68 View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2014 at 1:40pm
A little bit curious about one thing: when I change the jumper on the port to PROM1 it is possible to open the lynx mixer, but in this situation I think its not possible to update the aes16 because this would be the adjustment for the factory settings. and if the jumper sit on PROM2 then it´s not possible to find a Lynxs audio card.
So ideas for the right update would be very helpful.......
thx
jochen
Analog gear for ever
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2014 at 3:30pm
Hi,

You can update with the jumper on PROM 1 since PROM 2 is the one that always gets updated. The jumper merely tells the card which PROM to boot from...

When the update is successful, move the jumper back to PROM 2 and boot the computer.

Please let us know what happens.
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
Sales & Support Coordinator
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2014 at 3:35pm
If you want to go back to an older firmware rev, keep the jumper on Prom 1, and run this updater. When if completes, then switch the jumper to Prom 2. 

Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
jochen68 View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2014 at 12:04am
Hi
and thanks for info, it works again BUT one of the two aes16e shows in cubase only 7 stereo´s - so whats gonna happened there, any idea ? Is it possible that there is one crashed opamp on the card ?
thanks in advance
jochen 
Analog gear for ever
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2014 at 4:26pm
The number of driver devices in Cubase has very little to do with the hardware condition. Where are you seeing 7 stereo devices? VST connections in Cubase? Could you upload a screen shot?
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
solotibia View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2014 at 10:38pm
Disaster for me as well. I will log a support ticket.
solotibia View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2014 at 2:38am
The support ticket has details of the problems created by the 13.0/56 to 13.1/56A change.

I run this app under OSX, and Windows 8.1 so just to be sure that the firmware on my two AES16e cards had not been corrupted, I booted in Windows 8.1 and found that everything was fine. 

So, I booted from my 17th May OSX USB disk clone backup of my McIntosh HD (VERY slow) and everything worked! I have now cloned that disk back to the McIntoshHD and everything works. Thankfully I had backed up the last Hauptwerk changes since the 17th.
 Post Reply Post Reply