January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedNeed help on expanding I/O in Hilo Thunderbolt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
captinjuan View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captinjuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help on expanding I/O in Hilo Thunderbolt
    Posted: February/06/2018 at 3:59pm
Srry for the double post but I have done alittle tiny bit of researching and I think I"ll be getting a thunderbolt 2 enclosure for my Mac Pro 2013 and go the PCI route. I def would like to stay in the Lynx range of converters, any recommendation for some upper tier A/D quality like the Hilo.

Off Topic: I'm also pretty stunned that you have BT on the front page, he's my favorite, wish I could sound like him back in the day.

Edited by captinjuan - February/06/2018 at 4:06pm
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captinjuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2018 at 3:43pm
ah ok :(

I been a Hilo user for a lot of years. I guess I wouldn't need to use ADAT if I'll be using A/D from another card, I'm sure using a digital singular protocol pathway would be best for playback and recording. I'll be looking for a 8 channel A/D interface and I'm a long way from doing summing so no outputs yet, I need new monitors first and prob more synths. Heart Any more help would be appreciated, thanks Mike.
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2018 at 2:39pm
Correct....You would need another A/D that has ADAT OUT that would connect to Hilo. You would be using the A/D of that other device, not Hilo's conversion.
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
Sales & Support Coordinator
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captinjuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2018 at 11:41am
Hey,

I'm looking to expand my inputs and well maybe outputs in lynx hilo thunderbolt.

I'm using the main outs for monitoring and Main inputs for recording.

Now my question is with ADAT, can I add 8 more channels of I/O but how? for example, will it work like this or similar? I would have to buy another A/D converter or interface with ADAT plug in my synths in there and go ADAT out into the Lynx Hilo? Will that bypass the conversion stage of the interface going from ADAT Out and use the Lynx Hilo Conversion?

I need more inputs for my other synths, thats all.

Thanks all.
Juan Paulino
 Post Reply Post Reply