Lynx Studio Technology, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lynx Forum > Lynx Support Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Capabilities of the E22 in new Windows 10 Machine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 14, 2017: macOS Driver Build 58D now Available
November 13, 2017: Windows Driver Version 2 Build 23i now Available
November 9, 2017: Firmware Update 1.7 for Aurora(n) now Available
November 6, 2017: Aurora(n) User Manual (Firmware 1.7) now Available
July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedCapabilities of the E22 in new Windows 10 Machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMammone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Capabilities of the E22 in new Windows 10 Machine
    Posted: January/29/2018 at 10:59am
Installed an E22 in a Windows 10 machine with Audition 3.0 as DAW software. This is our station production machine with internet access. The output is connected to a console mixer input. The input is connected to a console mixer output bus [labeled AUD].

An old Windows XP computer with the LynxONE was able to have multiple instances of Audition open and working properly.

With this new setup, the first instance can play and record as expected. When I open a second instance, I can open a file and play it, but I cannot record a new file because it is not getting audio. When I look at the Audio Hardware Settings in Audition, the Audio Driver is set to Windows Audio instead of ASIO Lynx [as seen in the first instance of Audition]. I tried changing the setting, but it never stays the next time I try the second instance again.

Is there a way to resolve this?

Also, is there a way that I can configure audio separately for apps in Windows? Audition, browsers, players, etc.?

Thanks.
Dan Mammone
Chief Engineer
Media-Com, Inc.
WNIR-FM 100.1 | W16DO-D DTV16
David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2018 at 12:25pm
Audition 3.0 is very old software, and has many known issues especially with their ASIO implementation.  If you want to use multi-client abilities (have multiple instances of software all using the same device) you will need to select the Windows Audio instead of ASIO as ASIO is not multi-client.  If you are having trouble getting that setting to stick, you would need to contact Adobe as changing the driver should have no issues and really doesn't have much to do with the actual audio card selected.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
DMammone View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMammone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 8:57am
OK. Is there a Windows Audio driver for the E22?
Dan Mammone
Chief Engineer
Media-Com, Inc.
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 9:18am
Hi Dan,

If your card is appearing and working, the driver is already installed...

Windows apps like browsers etc are set in Windows Sounds panel. "Speakers" is outputs 1 & 2.
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
Sales & Support Coordinator
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
DMammone View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMammone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 9:23am
OK. So is this a matter of setting up the mixer to allow for multiple Windows sources to play and record? How would I configure Windows Audio to do that?
Dan Mammone
Chief Engineer
Media-Com, Inc.
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 12:33pm
In the Sound section of Windows Control Panel, you can select which audio device is the Windows Default. E22 Speakers will be the same as Play 1+2. You could try making the Windows default Play 3+4, then have the other app use Play 1+2. In the Lynx mixer, click Out 1+2 and un-mute Play 3+4 in the middle row of faders. This way, the streams from both apps will go to Analog Out 1+2 on the E22. 
Let me know if questions come up. 
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
 Post Reply Post Reply