Lynx Studio Technology, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lynx Forum > Lynx Support Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LT-TB to TB input of Lenovo Yoga 920 not working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 14, 2017: macOS Driver Build 58D now Available
November 13, 2017: Windows Driver Version 2 Build 23i now Available
November 9, 2017: Firmware Update 1.7 for Aurora(n) now Available
November 6, 2017: Aurora(n) User Manual (Firmware 1.7) now Available
July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedLT-TB to TB input of Lenovo Yoga 920 not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bobcat
Bobcat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musikkant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT-TB to TB input of Lenovo Yoga 920 not working
    Posted: November/14/2017 at 5:20pm
Hi,

I have been using my Aurora 16 for many years through my AES16 and AES16SRC cards. However, my PCI motherboard just died. I have had a Lynx LT-TB card installed for a couple of years because I tried connecting my Aurora to a Windows PC I had purpose-built a few years ago for TB connections. I was never successful in getting the TB working on the PC. However, I just noticed that the Lenovo Yoga 920 4K laptop has two TB connectors in the form of USB-C connectors, so I purchased it to try and also purchased a USB-C adaptor.

After connecting my Aurora to the laptop and installing the latest Lynx TB driver, the TB icon lit up in the task bar in Windows 10 Home (came with the laptop -- will upgrade to Pro if I can get this to work). When I opened up the TB software, it recognized the Lynx driver on TB port 2. However, the mixer/control panel would not open up in "stand alone" mode because it did not recognize the Aurora 16 device, although, when I opened up Cubase Pro (v. 9.0.30), it did recognize the ASIO Lynx driver. But, when I tried switching to the ASIO Lynx driver in Cubase, it also said that it did not recognize the Aurora. It said something like "no device was attached."

My Aurora 16 i at firmware 28, and, after reading the Forum, I believe the latest firmware is 31. However, since the TB connection is not working properly, I have not been able to try to update the Aurora. I could update it via MIDI if that is the problem.

What do I have to do to get my Aurora to work through TB on my laptop?

Thanks!

K.
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2017 at 10:16am
Did it ask you to Authorize the Thunderbolt? It should have....

Please open a ticket here. I can then attach a doc with instructions to Authorize the LT-TB.

Edited by Mike N - November/15/2017 at 10:20am
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
Musikkant View Drop Down
Bobcat
Bobcat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musikkant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2017 at 11:28am
Hi Mike,

I just registered my Aurora 16, AES16 and AES16SRC. Included in my registration application was the note I am pasting below. I did not see that you wanted to see my LT-TB registration. I will register it as well shortly. I also bought the LT-USB card I bought. I got it to work, but the latency was too much for me to use while tracking. Nevertheless, I will try to find it and register it as well. Here is my note from my registration application:

Hi Mike,

I usually buy from Sweet****r.com, but I can't find the invoice for it in my email, which is where I usually get my invoices/recceipts. I did find an email chain between you and I back in 2010 regarding an RMA for the Aurora 16 and my AES16 and AES16-SRC PCI cards. Your most recent email in that chain is from August 11, 2010. In that chain, I provide the serial number to all three products I own, which I have listed above. I have pasted that email below, and please let me know if you need any additional information for my registration (please note that my work phone number has since changed):

Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:54 PM
To: Mike Nicoletti
Subject: Re: FW: Aurora 16 RMA

Hi Mike,

My phone number is 727.453.0041 (C) and 813.274.6303 (W). I do have the original packaging and will double box it since I like to keep the original packaging in good shape.

I noticed the RMA numbers are the serial numbers. Do I need to put them on the package, or include a letter to you?

Thanks,

Kenneth.

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Mike Nicoletti <mnicoletti@lynxstudio.com> wrote:
Hi, Kenneth,

If you can, please email your phone number to me.

Here is your RMA information.

Aurora16   SN: 2605400114
AES16 SN: 2405390105
AES16-SRC SN: 2506040143

Full production tests on all units. Check for output issues especially.

Kenneth Stegeby
121 12th Street
Belleair Beach, FL 33786

Tel:
Email: stegeby@gmail.com
Warranty Status: Out
The potential for shipping damage with this device is very high if it is not sent it the original packaging. Only ship the product in its original packaging, and double boxed, or else a damage claim will likely be rejected by the freight company.

If you do have the original packaging, then please send your units to:
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Attn: RMA MN100811A
190 McCormick Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
We suggest shipping via common carrier with package tracking, such as UPS, FedEx or DHL.
Best regards,

Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology Inc.
714-545-4700 Ext 211
www.lynxstudio.com

Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2017 at 3:17pm
Thank you, Ken. I will email the instructions on getting the LT-TB Authorized in Windows.
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
Musikkant View Drop Down
Bobcat
Bobcat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musikkant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2017 at 8:20am
Hi Mike,

I seem to recall that you did send me the instructions on getting my LT-TB Authorized in Windows, but I cannot find them. Would you mind re-sending them to me?

Thanks!

Kenneth.
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2017 at 10:45am
Did you open the ticket here?  I cannot attach a pdf here.

Thanks.

Edited by Mike N - November/27/2017 at 10:47am
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
Musikkant View Drop Down
Bobcat
Bobcat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musikkant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2017 at 7:55pm
I read the instructions (Thanks!), and I was able to determine that the LT-TB card and the Aurora were recognized by the Thunderbolt software and that they were connected to/authorized by the computer. I have also installed the most recent Lynx driver for TB. However, I get an error message from the Lynx mixer when I try to start it: "This application only supports the AES16e, E44, E22 and LT-TB audio cards." Also, I am unable to choose the ASIO Lynx driver in Cubase Pro 9.0.30 (I have not yet installed 9.5 on this computer to avoid yet another variable -- let me know if you want me to update).

What is the next step to get the Aurora and LT-TB to work in Cubase?

Thanks!
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2017 at 9:25am
Are you launching from an old shortcut? Have you launched from START/ALL PROGRAMS/LYNX STUDIO TECHNOLOGY/Lynx Mixer?
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
Musikkant View Drop Down
Bobcat
Bobcat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musikkant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2017 at 11:12am
No and yes. I bought a brand new Windows 10 laptop specifically because it has two Thunderbolt ports on the side (in the USB-C form factor, so I bought an appropriate adapter), and my installation of Cubase and the Lynx Thunderbolt driver are completely fresh. I have tried Thunderbolt on Windows PC's before with zero luck (a couple of years ago), so I was a bit trigger shy. But, this laptop (Lenovo Yoga 920, 4K screen, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, etc) touts its two Thunderbolt ports. And, they seem to work because the Lynx Aurora is recognized and is listed as connected by the Thunderbolt software.

Any other ways I can check to see what the problem is so I can get it up and running?

My alternative is to try to buy a LT-MADI LSlot card and run the Aurora through a MADI connection on a different computer, although that MADI connection would likely involve the purchase of a PCIe card of a different brand that I'm testing now with another ADC/DAC. It seems Lynx has discontinued the LT-MADI card, though, and that raises some issues.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply