FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 14, 2017: macOS Driver Build 58D now Available
November 13, 2017: Windows Driver Version 2 Build 23i now Available
November 9, 2017: Firmware Update 1.7 for Aurora(n) now Available
November 6, 2017: Aurora(n) User Manual (Firmware 1.7) now Available
July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedAurora 16's not holding 32 Channel Mode.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troy kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora 16's not holding 32 Channel Mode.
    Posted: November/09/2017 at 4:54pm
Hi everyone, 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Max OSX 10.10.5
PT HDX 12.7.1
2 x Aurora 16 in 32 channel mode into a HDX port each 

So I have had a rock solid rig for about a year. 2 x Auroras in 32 CH mode giving me 32i/o.

A few days ago Pro Tools crashed and the Auroras went into white noise mode screaming at me.I powered on/off and then on PT launching I would get the error 1422. After searching the forums I found the issues was I needed to move the Auroras out of 192KHZ sample rate it was left on after the initial crash. So that got PT to launch. But now I have a new problem the Auroras are not in 32CH mode. So quit tools, ah white noise again. So unplug mains & HD cable, switch to 32CH re boot. Nope not there. Try again, yip its there. Use pro tools for the day, close PT = white noise. Boot PT no 32 CH.

So basically it seems thats

1. Pro Tools crashes when closing 100% of the time.
2. This causes the Auroras to lose their 32CH status.
3. The Auroras are struggling to stay in 32 CH mode

Its needless to say that these are in a commercial facility and unplugging the HD cable and mains is not easy or fun due to being racked up.

Can anyone suggest a fix for PT crashing or why the Auroras won't hold 32 CH mode.

Thanks TKO - STL Audio / The Armoury.

Edited by troy kelly - November/09/2017 at 4:57pm
troy kelly View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troy kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2017 at 6:58pm
OK so an update,

Though the best place to start to fix PT from crashing
1. Tried removing all plug ins = still crashing on quiting
2. Tried using a different interface = no crashing
3. If the Auroras are turned and plug in to the HD card but not the active audio interface it causes PT to crash!

So using the Auroras is now causing PT crash on quitting if even just plugged in the HDX.

Is there a chance the firmware has been corrupted on the Aurora's?

Any suggestions on this?

Edited by troy kelly - November/12/2017 at 7:04pm
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troy kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2017 at 11:57pm
2nd Update:

I just re flashed both LT-HDs and Auroras to 11 & 28.

Still crashing PTs.

Can anyone @ Lynx chime in with a suggestion? 

Thanks.
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troy kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2017 at 12:20am
OK so FIXED!

Pro Tools HD Drive at fault.

I installed this a week or so ago so I could use the Aurora in OSX for using the same converters for reference material.

Thanks Avid as usual......

I hope this thread will help anyone else in the future who finds themselves with this issue....
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2017 at 2:45pm
Thanks for the update!
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troy kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2017 at 1:24am
Originally posted by PaulTech PaulTech wrote:

Thanks for the update!

Paul,

Its started again. When I close PT, it causes the Auroras to go into white noise. PT does not crash.

I switch the Aurora sample rate and boot PT and 50% of the time I have lost the 32 channel mode setting.

Very painful any ideas?

Thanks.
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2017 at 1:36pm
Is the Aurora still going to 192K when you exit PT?
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troy kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2017 at 1:56pm
@ MIke N, yes it is. 
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2017 at 9:20am
Unfortunately PT 12.7 and 12.8 are completely erratic, unpredictable and unreliable when it comes to clocking. We will be releasing new LT-HD firmware soon that will be specifically for these latest versions of ProTools. Since their clock settings are so erratic, the new firmware will ignore all clock source settings and improve the situation with the 1125 errors and launch issues. Stay tuned for that.

Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troy kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2017 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Mike N Mike N wrote:

Unfortunately PT 12.7 and 12.8 are completely erratic, unpredictable and unreliable when it comes to clocking. We will be releasing new LT-HD firmware soon that will be specifically for these latest versions of ProTools. Since their clock settings are so erratic, the new firmware will ignore all clock source settings and improve the situation with the 1125 errors and launch issues. Stay tuned for that.

Is 12.6 stable or without these issues? I might roll back?
 Post Reply Post Reply