July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedAurora connection/cant update LT-USB to rev 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alistair016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora connection/cant update LT-USB to rev 10
    Posted: October/25/2017 at 5:37pm
Hi,

I've been having a few problems with my Lynx Aurora 16 recently.

It's been occasionally dropping connection with my computer, which has caused some problems. Often when it does this, I can't open the Remote Control software as it says 'Unable to locate an Aurora!'. Usually powercycling the Aurora and sometimes replugging the USB cable fixes this, but not great when it happens in a session.

I've tried different computers and USB cables, and tried reseating the LT-USB card, so I'm confident the issue is a bit deeper than that.

I thought it might be worth running a firmware update, as it's been a while since I've done so. The Aurora firmware is on v28, but the LT-USB is only on v9. If I try to update using the Updater app (which also often tells me it's unable to locate an Aurora), it starts to update the LT-USB, and then just goes back to the waiting screen and hasn't updated.

I'm on OSX 10.10 and 10.11 for what it's worth.

Any thoughts on what I can do to remedy this?

Thanks,
Alistair
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2017 at 1:39pm
Hi Allistair. 
So your Aurora is up to date, but you should have rev 10 on your LT-USB card for best performance. 
Maybe try this:
Reboot the computer. While its rebooting restore defaults on the Aurora. Do this by turning it off and removing both the USB and AC power cables. Hold down the Sample rate button WHILE plugging in the AC cord. Release the Sample Rate button. Turn the unit on, and then re-connect the USB cable. 
Try running the firmware updater, making sure to choose the LT -USB from "select unit to update". 
If you still cannot update, or the update does not help the problem, let's try a couple more things. If nothing helps, I'll issue an RMA so we can look into a hardware problem. 

Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
alistair016 View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alistair016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2017 at 3:26am
Hi Paul,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately it didn't help (I still can't update the LT-USB card) and the dropouts are happening more frequently.

Any other ideas?

thanks,

Alistair
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2017 at 4:04pm
OK, makes sense to send it in so we can do the update and assess the card. Send an RMA request to support@lynxstudio.com with your name, address, phone number, and LT-USB serial number
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
alistair016 View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alistair016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2017 at 6:37pm
Thanks Paul.

I'm in Australia so would be good to avoid sending the card in if possible, but I'll send you an email and we can discuss.

Thanks,

Alistair
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2017 at 3:40pm
OK
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
 Post Reply Post Reply