July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedAurora 16 as Skype Input

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aurora 16 as Skype Input
    Posted: October/23/2017 at 9:12pm
I would love to run a bus out of a DAW into the mic input of Skype for demo material with remote clients.  Im on mac 10.11.4 and Soundflower's flowerbed is no longer supported.  I tried running a send out and back into the aurora but that doesn't seem to work either.  In my audio midi settings, I can set the Aurora to be the microphone input and can choose which pair of inputs, but the sliders and buttons for every channel are greyed out.  When trying this, Skype doesn't show any audio coming from the Aurora.

Is there another way to do this?
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2017 at 2:54pm
There is no way to merge inputs, but you can merge/sum outputs. So what if you have the mic coming in input 3, and route it so it goes to output 7 and output 8. Then set your audio playback to go to 7+8 as well. Take the XLRs for 7+8 out, and connect them to In 1+2. Set Skype to use record 1+2, and it would carry the mic in as well as playback. 
A little convoluted but it should work. 

the specifics of how this would be routed, would be relative to how your Aurora connects to the computer. Is it USB, Thunderbolt, Dante, AES16e, Firewire, or??
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
noTime View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2017 at 9:38am
I'm using an Aurora 16 TB.  I can't get my mac (10.11.4) to let me use the aurora as the microphone source properly.  I can select it in the audio midi setup, but all the inputs are greyed out.  Here is a screenshot from the audio midi setup

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyi6n1hpp77feyi/Screen%20Shot%202017-10-24%20at%206.23.55%20PM.png?dl=0
David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2017 at 8:37am
Those inputs are not 'disabled', there are just no volume controls on the inputs so the volume controls are greyed out.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
noTime View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2017 at 12:04pm
No matter which inputs I route as the microphone input, I can't get skype to see the incoming audio.
 Post Reply Post Reply