July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedHilo not working with High Sierra

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarekith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hilo not working with High Sierra
    Posted: September/26/2017 at 7:27am
Just a heads up that after installing High Sierra, my 2017 MBP no longer sees any inputs or outputs from the Hilo. Also, in Audio midi preferences, it’s only possible to set the clock to LSLOT and not Int. Already reverted to a previous back up, but wanted to give a heads up for anyone else thinking about being an early adopter.
Tarekith
http://innerportalstudio.com
David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2017 at 10:27am
We have tested it here and it works just fine.  Could you please give us more information about your configuration?  Are you using a Hilo-USB or Hilo-Thunderbolt?
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
gridlok View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gridlok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2017 at 10:32am
i'm having a similar problem. USB on my Aurora 8
gridlok View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gridlok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2017 at 10:41am
...now that i've messed with it a bit. if you try to change the clock source the converter locks up. i can use the outputs but the inputs are missing. i can not change the clock source in any daw its greyed out. if you make any adjustments in the Aurora console it freaks it out as well. I changed from 16 to 8 channels and the converter started making a horrible digital sound. i had to plug it into my laptop and run Aurora console on there to make it go away. hope this helps. NEED to get back up and running ASAP, was stupid to upgrade OS, but the button was sooooo shiny and new....
Tarekith View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarekith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2017 at 11:10am
I have the exact same issues as Gridlock.  No inputs are shown at all in the Audio MIDI settings or any audio app, and the Clock Source is greyed out (or stuck on LSLOT).  This is using the latest firmware for the Hilo, on a brand new Touchbar MBP.  I'm connecting the Hilo (USB version) to my laptop with the USB cable that came with the Hilo and the Apple USB-C to USB adaptor.  I tried using the last firmware for the Hilo, as well as resetting defaults with the current firmware and that didn't work.  Reverting to a Time Machine back up from when I had Sierra installed fixes it instantly though.  Well, minus the time to revert from a Time Machine back up, so maybe not instantly.

Tarekith
Andrey View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2017 at 1:25pm
Hilo-Thunderbolt.
On High Sierra 10.13 is working perfectly.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2017 at 5:21pm
Again, we have tested this here with a Mac Pro (Trashcan) and it works fine.  We are also in the process of testing it other computers as well (MacBook Pro and a Mac Mini).  The question is: Is there something up with the 2017 MBP, since that is what both of the problem reports have in common.  The other thing to consider here is the driver is provided by Apple, so there really isn't anything specific to the Hilo-USB or Aurora-USB that would know anything about High Sierra.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Tarekith View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarekith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2017 at 10:23pm
Is there any other information we can provide, or test steps we can do to help narrow down the issue?
Tarekith
gridlok View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gridlok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2017 at 2:34am
I'm using a 2013 12 core trash can Mac. 
gridlok View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gridlok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2017 at 2:47am
Here are some screenshots....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hizxmo8z08evh11/ScreenShot1.png

Edited by gridlok - September/27/2017 at 2:54am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2017 at 8:45am
gridlok, What version of firmware is on your LT-USB?  Launch AuroraUpdate and click the "Unit to Update" dropdown and select the LT-USB.  With firmware 10 on the LT-USB, this is what I get under High Sierra:

Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
gridlok View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gridlok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2017 at 9:02am
ok, so i had thought i updated the firmware but turns out that wasn't working in High Sierra either. I updated the firmware from my other computer and boom I am in business. 

SOLUTION: UPDATE FIRMWARE ON LT-USB TO VERSION 10

Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2017 at 9:40am
Yep, that would do it.  Firmware 10 has been out for at least a few days (Released November 2012) Smile.  Glad to hear that fixed it for you. 

Tarekith, it is possible you may be having the same issue.  Check the firmware revision on your LT-USB. You can do that using the touchscreen on the Hilo.  It is less likely that your LT-USB has older firmware since the Hilo-USB only shipped with older firmware on the LT-USB for the first few months of it's life.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Tarekith View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarekith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2017 at 3:16pm
Actually, I think that might be it as I bought my Hilo right when it first came out, the LT-USB firmware on the Hilo is showing as version 8.  I'm trying to update it from the Hilo Firmware v8 (and v7) updater, but it's not working.  Here's what happens when I try:

The normal firmware will update ok, I just can't update the LT-USB firmware.

Edited by Tarekith - September/27/2017 at 3:30pm
Tarekith
Tarekith View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarekith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2017 at 3:38pm
Just tried with a second 2013 MBP running Snow Leopard, and the same thing is happening.  The LT-USB update is not completing.
Tarekith
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2017 at 4:14pm
Do you have access to a Windows computer?  There is a completely separate updater that we can send you which will update the LT-USB in stand-alone mode. 

If not, I'm looking at the Firmware 8 to 10 upgrade process on High Sierra right now to see what might be going on.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Tarekith View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarekith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2017 at 4:38pm
Just to clarify, I'm using Sierra at the moment, can't afford to have the studio offline at the moment.  I might be able to wrangle in my wife's work laptop which is running Windows, can you send me the file in case I can?

Tarekith at gmail

Thanks David.  I run a mastering studio and while I'm in no hurry to update to High Sierra, it's nice knowing you guys are supporting us so well.

Edited by Tarekith - September/27/2017 at 4:40pm
Tarekith
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David A Hoatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2017 at 5:04pm
I just remembered that I created a stand-alone updater for the LT-USB on OS X as well (hey, it was 5 years ago!).  I'll Email you a link to it.  You have to run it from Terminal (sorry!) but it does work on Sierra and High Sierra.  Just did an upgrade from FW8 to FW10 manually using the stand-alone updater and it worked fine.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>