Forum LockedARC Not controlling Aurora 8 LT-FW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARC Not controlling Aurora 8 LT-FW
    Posted: April/25/2015 at 8:58am
Hi all,

Recently I updated my Aurora 8 LT-FW firmware to Rev. 28 which should be the latest.  I also upgraded the ARC to version 18h, which I believe should also be the latest. Everything turns on fine; the ARC loads when the Aurora is on, so it knows there's an Aurora there.  However, when I try to control the Aurora with the ARC, nothing happens.  I took at look at the "About Aurora Remote Control" window and noted it was the right version, but there's no associated Aurora there.  (See screenshot)

Aurora Remote Control

When I installed the new version of ARC, there was a period of time when I had the old version and the new version on the same machine, so I took a screenshot of the old ARC to contrast and compare the settings.  Hopefully someone can help make sense of them.

Aurora Analog I/O Comparison

Aurora Digital I/O Comparison

One other thing I didn't point out specifically in all of these is that the old version of the ARC only shows 8 channels (which I assume is correct, given I have an Aurora8), while the new version shows 16.  I thought maybe I had an incorrect version of the ARC (maybe there are separate versions for the Aurora8 and Aurora16), but from what I could tell on the website, that's not the case.

I should mention that even though all of this is true and it doesn't seem that the Aurora is connected, when I make changes in ARC, they do show on the front of the panel as having been changed.  However, none of the mute buttons work, nor do the input dropdowns, lock/unlock buttons and so on.

Finally, I do get sound out of the unit, I just can't control it...

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve

Edited by SJKukla - April/25/2015 at 10:01am
David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2015 at 7:11pm
You should probably do a reset to defaults on the Aurora and try this again.  With the power removed from the Aurora (AC Mains cable disconnected) hold down the front panel SAMPLE RATE switch, plug the unit in to AC Mains, power it on with the front panel standby switch, then power it back off with front panel standby switch.  This will cause the new 'scene' to be saved back to the EEPROM.  See if that solves this issue for you.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
 Post Reply Post Reply