FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

November 14, 2017: macOS Driver Build 58D now Available
November 13, 2017: Windows Driver Version 2 Build 23i now Available
November 9, 2017: Firmware Update 1.7 for Aurora(n) now Available
November 6, 2017: Aurora(n) User Manual (Firmware 1.7) now Available
July 5, 2017: Aurora(n)-USB Driver Version 3.34 for Windows Available
February 27, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 User Manual now Available
January 9, 2017: Hilo Firmware 8 Updater Available

Forum LockedSquare Waves when everything seems to be OK??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Square Waves when everything seems to be OK??
    Posted: April/02/2015 at 8:56pm
Hi guys,

In the last couple of days I have had a problem with audio clicks, and I don't know why. I have had other kind of clicks due to bad sync between some gear of the recording chain, but this clicks made a square wave when I amplified the view of the wave. Now there is no square wave but the click is heard clearly.

My recording chain is 2 Lynx Aurora 8 linked to a AES16e card plugged into the Mac Pro Computer.

I'm using Logic Pro 9. And all setting are correct. I can hear the click even when I'm only playing guitar or singing without recording. 

Last week I replace the hard disk, but I think it can't be the problem. Does anybody can tell me if I need to plug the hard disks in one way or another?

Here you have a piece of voice recorded and there are lots of strange clicks:

Does anybody tell me what can I do to solve this problem?

Here you have pics of the setting:

this are my Logic settings:

Buffer Size I/O: 256
Processing buffer range: Medium

I have Mac OS 10.6.8, and Logic 9.1.8

What are the last version of the drivers for my OS version and Logic version? I've got Lynx Mixer Built 55.

Here you have both Aurora pictures:

Both Auroras are synced by worldclock. The main one is the lower one.

Yesterday I tried all things I imagined. I replaced main aurora 8 with the other one, I uninstalled drives and installed again, I clean all conections of the computer and Auroras , and try different sync setting, but click were still there.

Finally I decided to "jump" the AES16e using the old LT-ADAT card that I have inside of one of the AURORAS, and I didn't use since I bought AES16e card, connected via ADAT to a TASCAM FW1884 and then to the computer using FW connection, and VOILÁ! clicks disappear! Big smile And, of course, I change setting "TO ANALOG OUT" to LSLOT in.

I haven't tried Digital 1 Sync or both Auroras to AES sync source. Could be the AES16e card the problem? Do I need to change Sync setting to avoid clicks? Would changing the card to another PCI slot solve the problem? What I'm doing wrong in sync settings? Why now there are no clicks if I jump AES16e card?

Tomorrow I'll try both Auroras on AES sync, and what do I need to set on Lynx Mixer?

Edited by hugo_inside - April/03/2015 at 6:13am
PaulTech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2015 at 3:46pm
You have dual wire ON in the Lynx Mixer, which is incorrect. Also, the screen shots show that the Aurora and the card are not clock sync'ed. That would cause problems like that. 

First, restore defaults in the Lynx Mixer (from the Mixer menu) and don't change any settings. 
Then test with both Auroras set to "AES A" for SYNC SOURCE. 

If that works, you could try as an alternative using your master clock, set both Auroras to EXT, and set the AES16e to "Digital In 1". That should also work. 
Paul Erlandson
Lynx Studio Technology
Support
714-545-4700 x 206
Lynx Support and Updates on Facebook!
hugo_inside View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2015 at 11:09pm
Problem solved! Thank you so much! 
 Post Reply Post Reply