Forum LockedLynx Aurora 16 only outputting 8 channels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lynx Aurora 16 only outputting 8 channels
    Posted: October/07/2014 at 2:12pm
Hello,

My name is Dan and I work at Vespa Music Group in Toronto. We recently installed a refurbished SSL 4000G+ console, swapping out our older SSL6000. None of our other gear in the setup has changed and suddenly our Lynx Aurora 16 will only output 8 channels at a time- either 1-8 or 9-16 but not all 16 at once. We've been struggling to fix this issue and can't find any one else dealing with a similar problem. We are 100% certain it is the Lynx and not a cabling or connectivity issue within the studio. I've tried contacting your support team via telephone with no answer and email but this is an urgent issue as we have sessions rolling in and are missing 8 necessary channels.

I've updated the firmware to v28 as well as the drivers on the computer. I found a resource on your site regarding dual wire mode and thought this may be the issue but can't figure out how to put the unit into Single Wire I/O mode as I can't locate a "digital mode" button on the unit or figure out which LED's need to be off exactly. Some clarification on this would be great and also other ideas as to what the problem may be.

From your site:
"To select the Digital Mode, from the Aurora front panel select Digital for the METER Select parameter. Than click the Digital Mode button until the Digital Mode LEDs confirm the desired configuration. Choices are:
  • Both LEDs OFF: Single Wire I/O Mode. Allows all channels of digital input or output to operate at sample rates up to 192kHz."
We're running a mid 2010 Mac Pro running OSX 10.8.5 and Pro Tools 10.3.3. Aside from the console, we have an Apogee Big Ben for clocking, SYNC I/O, the Lynx Aurora 16 for channels 1-16, an Avid HD I/O & 192 for the remaining channels. In our previous configuration it was no issue but perhaps disconnecting everything during the install has created a problem. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2014 at 12:24pm
Hi Dan,

Paul emailed you yesterday. Did you receive the response?
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
Sales & Support Coordinator
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
 Post Reply Post Reply