Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
David A Hoatson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual L22 + LS-ADAT mixer routing
    Posted: May/03/2014 at 10:33am
They will drift apart over time.  This is why you must use the CBL-ICC and have the second card locked to the first.
Thank you,

David A. Hoatson
Lynx Studio Technology, Inc.
Co-founder, Chief Software Engineer
digital lofi View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2014 at 7:06pm
Thanks for the response, Mike. No prob. My question is this, is there any advantage, besides clocking external gear, to clock one card to another? So, if I have 2 channels in analog on card 1, 2 channels in digital on card 2, and, say a couple ADAT tracks in/out. They are going to be more or less in sync, no?
Mike N View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Sales & Support Coordinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2014 at 2:33pm
Hi,

There is no way to hardware monitor the input of one card from the output of a different card. There is no hardware routing connection between the two cards.

You will want to get our CBL-ICC cable if one card is to be the Master Clock. The 2nd card (clocked from HEADER) will clock from the 1st (on INTERNAL), and the LS-ADAT will clock from the card it is connected to (It will be set to SLAVE).
Michael Nicoletti
Lynx Studio Technology
Sales & Support Coordinator
714-545-4700 Ext. 211
digital lofi View Drop Down
Caracal
Caracal

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2014 at 1:24pm
Hello, I've used a single L22 for 7 or 8 years now. Always super happy with the sound and it was uncomplicated to get 2 channels of analog & 2 channels of digi (SPDIF) in/out. Not too long ago, picked up a 2nd L22 and matching LS-ADAT on eBay. After some upgrade and firmware go-round, getting my Windows audio desktop up to snuff, I need to really put all these channels to good use.

What I cannot get my head around is how to route audio between the L22 cards. I am not using a Lynx Internal ClockCable, which I am taking to mean I'm using the card's internal syncing. (L22 manual pg. 19)

So, sure I can get the playback on L22 1 & L22 2 to play and record simultaneously, but how do I hear L22 2 inputs on the L22 1 outputs? I know I can set this up in my host DAW (Sonar primarily) but how can I just to this kind of routing on the card? Certainly there must be a way. The output monitoring seems to confined to each card.

Further this, in the Mixer Record/Play window, there is no way for me to select the output of the channel. I know I can monitor any of the card's inputs in the Mixer - Outputs; but, again, each card only shows it's respective in/out.

In short, can I make my Lynx act as a 2-bus (mix bus) for all Lynx channels on 2 or more cards?

I plan on getting a D-Box in the future, but who knows when. And I need to fully understand how to get the most out of my card.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply